Wednesday, November 04, 2009

My Past, My Possession

They say, forget the past and live on,
For the past is nothing but a grave.
That shall reap no good,
But agonise and destruct the brave.
But I ask them, how can I forget,
What has happened to torment?
And resume as if nothing had happened.
The past is my possession, something which I own,
How can I just let it go?
It is something that has led me to where I am,
How can I let it dethrone.
Today, I am here,
And yet the past is my shadow.
Tomorrow where I shall be, I do not know,
But it’s the past that has lived with me and shall live with me, until I go.
All my bliss and all my ecstasy,
Lives in my past
But I also cannot deny,
That over my pain and my sufferings, it has its cast.
It’s my past that I live with,
Which makes me happy and makes me grief,
And I shall live by it,
Until my last breath cedes.

No comments: